SBA Low Interest Loan Applications Now Available and Other Helpful Resources
Here is the latest information from the Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development (MDEED) regarding SBA Disaster Loans. If you have any questions, please reach out to your BGM professional for assistance and guidance.
The COVID-19 pandemic has affected everyone in our economy, but we know small businesses have been particularly hard hit. That’s why Governor Walz requested an Economic Injury Disaster Loan declaration from the SBA earlier this week.
Now, online applications for these loans are open to Minnesota businesses at: https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela/
A few more details:
- This program can provide low-interest loans of up to $2 million to small businesses and private non-profits.
- These loans can go toward working capital to meet needs including payroll, accounts payable, and fixed debt payments that can’t be paid due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The current interest rate is 3.75% for small businesses. The non-profit rate is 2.75%.
- These loans have long-term repayment options, up to a maximum of 30 years.
For more information visit the SBA’s Economic Injury Disaster Loan web page. https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela/Information/EIDLLoans
Need help? Download the three-step process for disaster loans information sheet: https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela/Documents/Three_Step_Process_SBA_Disaster_Loans.pdf?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery
Informational Webinars This Weekend
The SBA is doing webinars THIS WEEKEND to explain the program in more detail, which you can sign up for here:
Saturday, March 21, 1 p.m.; Register here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/sba-economic-injury-disaster-loan-training-tickets-100581957342?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery
Sunday, March 22, 11 a.m.; Register here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/sba-economic-injury-disaster-loan-training-tickets-100582051624?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery
en Espanol Saturday, March 21, 12 p.m.; Register here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/bilingual-economic-injury-disaster-loans-overview-for-small-businesses-tickets-100556990666?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery
- SBA disaster loan information at https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela/Information/Index
- Information for small businesses affected by coronavirus at www.sba.gov/coronavirus
- All coronavirus-related federal government resources: www.usa.gov/coronavirus
- DEED’S COVID-19 information and resources for businesses COVID-19 update page https://mn.gov/deed/newscenter/covid/employers/
Our Latest Insights
Please SUBSCRIBE to our newsletter and you’ll receive practical, actionable updates on a regular basis.
- Reinforce protection of your company’s mobile devices
- Why it’s important to plan for income taxes as part of your estate plan
- The tax rules for deducting the computer software costs of your business
- IRS announces per diem rates for business travel
- Can investors who manage their own portfolios deduct related expenses?
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018