Today, more than ever before, not-for-profit organizations must be run as businesses. Regulatory compliance, donor scrutiny, and the challenges of the ever-changing economy raise questions that can only be answered by experienced, trusted professionals.
Boeckermann Grafstrom & Mayer has been providing a full range of services to not-for-profit organizations for over 30 years. Our professionals are well-qualified to effectively communicate your organization’s financial condition and performance. We understand the environment in which your organization operates and the information needs of your contributors, grantors, lenders, and various other constituencies ─ from your governing board to the general public.
Our experienced professionals assist not-for-profit organizations in the following areas:
Accounting and Audit
- Audit, review or compilation of financial statements
- Audits of cost reports required by government agencies
- Audits in accordance with Governmental Auditing Standards
- OMB Circular A-133, HUD and other specific government requirements
- Preparation of management letters with recommendations for improvements
Tax & Employee Benefits
- Preparation and assistance with IRS Form 1023 – Application for Recognition and Exemption.
- Preparation of forms 990, 990-T and state filings for tax exempt not-for-profit entities
- Planning for not-for-profit and for-profit subsidiaries or combinations thereof
- Addressing unrelated business income tax and sales tax issues in related and unrelated trade or business income
- Providing benefit and retirement planning for employees
We offer a complimentary initial consultation for not-for-profit organizations. Contact Jerome R. Reutzel, Principal of BGM, at 952-844-2593 or [email protected] to schedule a mutually convenient meeting.