The 21st Century Cures Act, signed into law on December 13, 2016, includes good news for small businesses that have been prohibited in recent years from providing their employees with HRAs. Specifically, beginning January 1, 2017, qualified small employers can use HRAs to reimburse employees who purchase individual insurance coverage, rather than providing employees with costly group health plans. This article explains why small employers were unable to offer “standalone” HRAs to employees and details the new QSEHRAs.
Our Latest Insights
Please SUBSCRIBE to our newsletter and you’ll receive practical, actionable updates on a regular basis.
- Don’t Let “Founder’s Syndrome” Impede your Succession Plan
- Why You Should Boost Your 401(k) Contribution Rate Between Now and Year End
- Transit Improvement Area Sales and Use Tax Ends September 30, 2017
- Should Your Business Use Per Diem Rates for Travel Reimbursement?
- How Profitable Are Your Customers?