2017 Q3 Tax Calendar: Key Deadlines for Businesses and Other Employers
Here are some of the key tax-related deadlines affecting businesses and other employers during the third quarter of 2017. Keep in mind that this list isn’t all-inclusive, so there may be additional deadlines that apply to you. Contact us to ensure you’re meeting all applicable deadlines and to learn more about the filing requirements.
- Report income tax withholding and FICA taxes for second quarter 2017 (Form 941), and pay any tax due. (See exception below.)
- File a 2016 calendar-year retirement plan report (Form 5500 or Form 5500-EZ) or request an extension.
- Report income tax withholding and FICA taxes for second quarter 2017 (Form 941), if you deposited on time and in full all of the associated taxes due.
- If a calendar-year C corporation, pay the third installment of 2017 estimated income taxes.
- If a calendar-year S corporation or partnership that filed an automatic six-month extension:
- File a 2016 income tax return (Form 1120S, Form 1065 or Form 1065-B) and pay any tax, interest and penalties due.
- Make contributions for 2016 to certain employer-sponsored retirement plans.
Our Latest Insights
Please SUBSCRIBE to our newsletter and you’ll receive practical, actionable updates on a regular basis.
- Tax Deduction for Moving Costs: 2017 vs. 2018
- Tax Credit For Hiring From Certain “Target Groups” Can Provide Substantial Tax Savings
- Use Benchmarking to Swim With the Big Fish
- Families With College Students May Save Tax on Their 2017 Returns With One of These Breaks
- Small Business Owners: A SEP May Give You One Last 2017 Tax and Retirement Saving Opportunity